Thursday, January 15, 2015

week 9

First off sorry for taking so long with the picture for the plaque, I thought the one with the bike was an appropriate picture, but I will make sure this week to get an appropriate picture taken.  Thanks for sending me a bunch of letters, that's really awesome of you to go to that effort for me.  Hna Leiva told me that letters generally take a long time to arrive (like a couple of months) sooooo yeah.  Also something that Hna Millet told me is that when her parents send letters they always make sure to put tape all around the letter and that usually deters the robbers.  Truly I'm happy to have your emails every week.  It's the best part about P-day, being able to come to cyber and read your letters.  Also we had a zone conference this last week with our mission president were he told us about the "He is the gift" or "Ël es el dadiva" initiative.  I'm sure Dad has already heard about it since he seems to always know about what going on in the church before I do.    But it is really cool, we have special pass along cards for the Christmas season, there is a new website, christmas.lds.org, and we learned that on 9 Diciember the church has bought the masthead for youtube for a 30 sec video about "He is the Gift".  And our next p-day, we get to explorenavidad.mormon.org.  During zone conference our mission president talked about how the Christmas season is one of the most exciting times to be a missionary because its one of the most appropriate times to talk about Christ and how He is the gift for the world.  He also told us to tell our parents that honestly it's okay that we can't receive packages because we already have the best gift, our Savior.  And as he was telling us this I honestly felt the same in my heart, that its an excited and happy thing to be a missionary during the Christmas season.  I do miss you guys, but at the same time I am glad to be here, and to have this opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ.  Also, Dad, thanks for the letter about hunters and fishers, I love those little inspiring letters.  Another thing that President told us is that we will be skyping our families on the 24 or 25 whichever is better
-Alyssa

ps I think it is super cool that Julie is trying out for all-state.  Suerte!
pps and yes I am starting to think is spanish cool right!

No comments:

Post a Comment